Friday, March 9, 2018

#tgifc150 Sketch Challenge

 Hello stamping friends and happy Friday!!!  It's time for an all new TGIF Challenge and this week we have a fun sketch for you!I honestly wasn't sure I was going to be able to join the amazing TGIF design team this week.  My boys lost a classmate, who was the sister of one of their basketball friends, last weekend very suddenly and it has hit our family pretty hard.  Processing death is hard for anyone, but when you are 12 years old, it's even harder.   My husband said it best when he told them that it was okay not to be okay.  We let them know that it was okay to be sad, okay to be made and more than okay to cry.  The schools crisis team was activated and ready with arms open Monday morning when all of the students came to school, many of them learning of her death that morning.  They gave the students all the time they needed to spend time with each other, staff and counselors throughout the day.  It has been a blessing to see so many of the students pull together to help each other through all of this.
 
I finally took some time last night while my boys were going through their nightly bedtime routines to make a sympathy card for the family.  My thoughts were with the family the entire time I was creating this card. I can't even begin to imagine the pain they are going through at this time.  My hope is that it will bring a moment of comfort and peace during this difficult time. 

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Berry Burst, Very Vanilla, Wood Textures DSP, Springtime Foils Specialty DSP, Copper Foil Paper
Ink ~ Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive Stampin' Blends, Berry Burst
Stamp Set ~ Better Together
Other Supplies ~ Copper Metallic Thread, 2" Circle Punch, 1/16" Hand Held Punch
 
Thank you for stopping by today.  I apologize for the depressing post, but I do feel better after writing about the events of this week.
 
I hope you all have an amazing weekend!
 
Happy Stamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment