Friday, January 5, 2018

Happy Birthday Dad

Today an amazing man is celebrating his birthday...my dad!  I am pretty sure this will be one of his best years yet because he is now less than 12 months away from retirement!  One year from now, we will be celebrating his retirement (and my early 40th birthday...yikes!) on a warm, sunny beach.
 
I created his birthday card with the thoughts of those warm sunny beaches in the back of my mind.  I'm hoping he can put this in his office as a reminder of what's to come as he counts down his final months, weeks and days of work!
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Crumb Cake, Watercolor Paper
Stamp Sets ~ Waterfront, Apron of Love
Ink ~ Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Night of Navy, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Island Indigo
Other Supplies ~ Brusho Crystal Colour, Seaside Embossing Folder
 
So...this was the first time I used the Brusho Crystal Colour...and I need more practice!  It is fun, but it takes a little work to get the hang of it.  It took me several attempts to not make a mess of my card and if you look closely, you'll see that I got some of the blue on my sun.  Oh well...it adds to the card, right?!?!  It is fun and I am looking forward to playing with it some more!
 
If you know my dad, be sure to send him Happy Birthday wishes today!  It will make his day!
 
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment