Thursday, September 12, 2013

Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop ~ Favorite Tools


Thank you so much for joining us for the September Stylin’  Stampin’ Squad Blog Hop! This month we are focusing on the tools of the stampin’ trade. Specifically, each of our favorite stamping tools. It’s amazing the kinds of tools that have been created to help us along in our paper-crafting addictions.  This month’s blog hop will showcase many of the Stampin’ Up! tools that are now available to us in the 2013-2014 Stampin’ Up! Idea Book and Holiday Catalog and even a couple of products that are so new they aren’t in either catalog. We hope you enjoy seeing how we use the old and new tools and are inspired to come up with some great projects of your own.
One of my favorite, and frequently used, tools is the Simply Scored Scoring Tool.
Not only do I use this tool to score all of my card bases, but I love to use it to add simple score lines to a card.  It's always amazing how one or two little lines can add so much to a card!  I have an example of one for you today.  I felt like the white portion of this card was a little too boring and flat, but then I added a couple score lines and voila! 
I also use the Simply Scored Scoring Tool to create fun little boxes, such as this one:
Having all of the measurements on the top and left hand side of the board makes for easy measuring for the perfect box.  The Simply Scored Diagonal and Boards Plate are great tools too!  These plates lay right on top of your Simply Scored, using the same measurements...how great is that!
 
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Coastal Cabana, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White, Eastern Elegance DSP
Ink ~ Coastal Cabana, Summer Starfruit
Stamp Sets ~ Beautifully Baroque, Express Yourself, Mosaic Madness
Other Supplies ~ Mosaic Punch, Rhinestones, Coastal Cabana Ruffle Stretch Ribbon, Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon, Scallop Circle Punches, Antique Brads, Whisper White Embossing Powder, Little Leaves Sizzlits, Simply Scored Scoring Tool
 
Don't forget to visit Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration where we love to INKspire you 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year!
 
Now hop on over to Diana's page and find out what her favorite tool is!

1.  Shellie G. of Craft Smashup
2.  Pam S. of Stampin' in the Sun!
3.  Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
4.  Dawn S. of Dawn's Creative Chalet
5.  Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
6.  Pamela W. of Stinky Tofu
7.  Kim R. of Stamping with Kim
8.  Justin K. of JK Cards
9.  Heidi B of Stuck on Stampin'
10.  Jennifer B. of NW Stamper
11.  Bree R. of Craft-somnia
12.  Diana E. of Stampin' Fun with Diana
13.  Jennifer C. of Happy 2 Scrap 4 Life
14.  Jamie H. of Unique Ink
15.  Kristina M. of Mama's Sanity


 

13 comments:

  1. Bree, thanks for sharing the little technique about the Simply Scored to add a little extra accent. I ALWAYS use mine for scoring my card bases like you mentioned, but I often forget to pull it out for other things such as scoring on the background. Pretty examples...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool way to use the Simply Scored Scoring Tool! I love it! I also love the color combo and the stamp sets you combined. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never made a box out of my scoring board, I need to do that. Love your box sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bree, adorable projects - I love the Eastern Elegance DSP - it is my favorite DSP for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that stamp and the colors! Your box is really cool! I'd love to see a tutorial for it if you ever post one! Thanks so much for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects and color combinations Bree! I love this tool and this showed some great ways to use it. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!! Love both your card and your 3D!!! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and box, they are so pretty and there are so many details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That box is amazing!!! You are such an Artisan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects. Love them. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Making that summer starfruit shine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great projects,and I love all the inspiration with the Eastern Elegance DSP!

    ReplyDelete