Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Goooooaaaaalllllll!!!!!

Any soccer fans out there? I'm not a huge fan, but my boys do like to play, so I'm kind of forced to like it.  They've been asking to play fall soccer and all I can think of is cold, wet, windy evenings spent on the field, but then I remind myself that this is much better than them sitting around doing nothing.  I do love that my boys love to be so active!
I made this card at the request of a co-worker who said she needed a card for a friend who was turning 30 and loves soccer.  By the time I finished with it, I decided it was too juvenile for a 30 year old man, but still like it.  I'll keep this in my card basket for one of the many kiddo birthday parties my boys get invited to.  I used this weeks sketch over at Try Stampin' on Tuesday to get me started...
 
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Gumball Green, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink ~ Basic Black, Whisper White Craft
Stamp Sets ~ Great Sport, Gorgeous Grunge, ABC-123 Sketched Alphabet & Numbers
Other Supplies ~ Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Neutrals Candy Dots, Hardware Essentials Clips, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Crystal Effects
 
I inked up the soccer ball and stamped it numerous times, then punched the images out to create the "ball in motion" effect.  The sketched lines from Gorgeous Grunge was the prefect addition to achieve that effect. 
 
Now it's time to come up with a different and more age appropriate "dude" card for my friend...what will I come up with?
 
Happy Stamping!


3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, fantastic card! I love how the ball 'moves' and the texture and details are great. Thanks for playing with us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Love how you have faded the ball. Great job. Thanks for sharing your talent with us this week at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is truly fabulous! I love everything about it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete