Monday, July 22, 2013

Back to Reality...

Monday...after 5 days off...UGH! Need I say more?!?!? 
I'm back home and back to reality after 5 crazy-awesome, fun-filled days in SLC.  I can honestly say I have never experienced so many different emotions in such a short period of time...LOL!  I was so happy to see my hubby and all 3 of my babies waiting for me at the airport yesterday.  I missed them all so much!  But as soon as I got in the car, I quickly realized my vacation was over and I was back in "Mommy Mode".  Unpacking, laundry, birthday gift shopping, checking on work...I jumped right back in.  It's a good thing we get to head to the beach soon because I need a vacation from this vacation!
I have a few Convention pictures to share today and I'm sure I'll have more this week as I go through everything.  Here are a few (and when I say few, I mean get ready for quite a few pictures!) of my favorite highlights from Convention 2013... 
The streets of downtown SLC were lined with these banners

Visiting the Riverton home office
Top 20 Artisan Finalists...Great group of ladies!
Finally got my Artisan Finalist ribbon!  I may not have made the top 10, but the experience of being in the top 20 was amazing!!!
My Artisan Display Board...just call me Breelin Sandwich!  LOL :D
My 3-D items...the wreath and the Kraft box.  I'm still not sure who made the hot air balloon, but it is awesome!  Sorry for the blurry picture too...not easy taking pictures when you are in a room with almost 6000 other demos!
We made birthday banners for the children at Primary Children's Medical Center in SLC...this really touched my heart and I was honored to be a part of it.
And you can't go to your first SU! Convention and not get a picture with Shelli Gardner!  She is the sweetest person EVER!
PRIZE PATROL!!!  There were more giveaways this year than ever before and they were all A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
Convention is all about friends..new and old!  My roomie and friend, Cynthia, are already making plans for next years Convention! 
All Things Stampin' Up! Facebook Group 
Convention running buddies! 
Beautiful view of the state Capitol we were treated to on our morning runs
Sea of Swaps
Closing Session
 
I still can't believe we didn't any pictures on Awards Night!  What were we thinking?!?!?  I will blame it on nerves!  Next year we will be sure to get a picture of us in our fancy dresses! 
 
I have so many more pictures, but these were some of my favorites! 
 
I do have one more picture for you...one last card I made for a swap.
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Night of Navy, Very Vanilla, Etcetera DSP
Ink ~ Old Olive, Calypso Coral
Stamp Set ~ Hello, Lovely
Other Supplies ~ Chevron Embossing Folder, Vintage Trinkets, Crochet Trim, Denim Ribbon
 
And now it's really back to reality with a nasty 4 letter word...WORK! 
 
Looking forward to getting my stamp room back in order tonight and spending some time stamping!
 
Happy Stamping!!!
 


2 comments:

  1. Breelin, I was looking closer at the artisan board photos today, and I saw your running scrapbook page. Awesome! <3 it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi! That was one of my favorite pages :)

      Delete