Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Vintage Ciao

Sometimes it is very hard for me to think outside of my "clean and simple" style of stamping and come up with something that is not a "me" card.  But I have really been trying to push myself out of my creative comfort zone and work on other styles of stamping.  My bestie, and fellow SU! demo, has an amazing vintage style of stamping and I love it!  She's having a little surgery tomorrow and I wanted to make her a card to bring to her during her stay in the hospital.
With some help from this weeks Mojo Monday sketch, I came up with a card that I hope she will like.
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals Core'dinations Paper, Very Vanilla, Print Poetry DSP
Ink ~ Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green, Primrose Petals
Stamp Sets ~ En Francias, Collage Curios, Ciao, Baby!
Other Supplies ~ Apothecary Accents Framelits, Curly Label Punch, Petite Curly Label Punch, Soda Pop Tops, 1" Circle Punch, Crochet Trim, Silver Basics Designer Buttons

I went back and forth, trying to decide if I wanted to use the Crochet Trim bow on the card...it looked to plain without it, but I felt like it overpowered the card with it.  I ended up making it a little bit smaller and went ahead and stuck it on.  Still not totally sold on it....oh well :)

Wishing my bestie a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment