Monday, March 4, 2013

This Too Shall Pass

Blue skies, sunshine and a little ball of gray fluff are brightening my day after kind of a sad weekend.  We received some sad news about our 10 year old lab on Thursday and are dealing with the fact that he won't be with us much longer.  My poor sweet Bailey boy has cancer and sadly, there is nothing we can do about it.  We are taking it day by day and spending as much time with him and giving him as much love as we can.  This news came just days before I was to pick up our new kitty...bitter sweet. 
The sentiment on this card kind of sums up how I'm feeling.  They Say This Too Shall Pass...They Just Never Say When.  The sadness and feeling of uncertainty is still with me today, but I know in time it will pass :)  I created this card based on the sketch from Fab Friday.


I used Summer Starfruit ink to sponge the embossed portion of the card stock to give it more of an antiqued/vintage look...

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Island Indigo, Whisper White, Summer Starfruit, Twitterpated DSP, Birds of a Feather DSP
Ink ~ Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit
Stamp Set ~ From My Heart
Other Supplies ~ Labels Collection Framelits, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Itty Bittys Punch, Pearl Basics, Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder

I keep reminding myself of all of the good times we've had with our pup and know that when the time does come for us to let him go that he has had a pretty awesome life!   I'll leave you with a couple of pictures we took over the weekend...a family pic with our Bailey boy and a pic of our new baby, Freya Katniss :)


Bailey refused to stand up...this is as good as it gets when you are trying to get 3 kids and a dog to look at the camera!

Freya Katniss

Happy Stamping! 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I love your card! Your sentiment and the way it is stamped (love the Summer Starfruit!) looks wonderful, especially with all the other layers and dsp! Your embossed layer is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this sad news about your dog. They are certainly members of the family aren't they??

    I like how you layered the banner element on top of another banner and the pearls add a nice softness to the bold color combo! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete