Friday, December 7, 2012

Monochromatic Mojo Monday...

....er, Mojo Friday.  And TGIF is all I have to say about that!  This week has been nutso and has gone by so fast.  Can't complain about the week going by fast though...that just means the weekend is here!  My crafty friend Katie and I have fun picking different challenge combos to get our creative crafting juices flowing.  It was my turn to pick and I chose the fun sketch over at Mojo Monday and paired it up with the fun color challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  I am usually pretty intimated by the sketches at Mojo Monday, but this one really caught my eye.  And I don't make many monochromatic cards, so this was a fun way to get me out of my comfort zone.  I started this card Tuesday night and just got around to finishing it this morning...that's how crazy my week has been.  BUT, it's a good thing I had to set it aside because I got my Sale-a-Bration and Spring Catalog pre-order, which included the super cute Hearts a Flutter Bundle.  You get a little sneak peek of it in this card! 

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Whisper White, Real Red, Riding Hood Red, Cherry Cobbler
Ink ~ Real Red, Riding Hood Red, Cherry Cobbler
Stamp Sets ~ Heart of Christmas, Hearts a Flutter
Other Supplies ~ Hearts a Flutter Framelits, Adorning Accents Edgelits, Small Heart Punch, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Dazzling Details

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!  I'm hoping to get a little bit of stamping time in so I can play with all of my new stuff!!! Be watching for a few more sneak peeks :)

Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! It's so crisp and clean. I love the different colors on the large stamp, that's my favorite part :) Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty!!! Love the hues of red you used!!! Love how you used it on the stamp too!! Hearts are the perfect accent!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice of colors for your crisp and clean card! I love that you were able to use some fun new goodies and that you incorporated hearts with the Christmas greeting! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly done! I love the hearts with the red and white Christmas theme, and the play on words is so great! Thanks for playing with us at HSS :) Erika

    ReplyDelete