Friday, October 19, 2012

It's starting to look a lot like Christmas...

...in my house!  Tonight is my Holiday Ornament class and my house is decorated for Christmas AND Halloween.  I feel like I'm at Target or something...Halloween and Christmas decorations out at the same time!  I had a ton of stamping friends ask me to show them how to make the beautiful ornament on the front of the Holiday Catalog, so I though, what the heck...lets make a fun night out of it!  So, after preparing all week for the class, everything is ready to go.  And with the great Stampin' Up! promotion this month, there is no better time! 

To showcase a few of the MANY different projects that can be created with the Ornament Keepsakes Stamp Set, Framelits and Candlelight Christmas Specialty DSP, I made a few smaller ornaments with some of the Holiday Ornaments Framelits.  As I was gluing some of these together this morning and cruising through some of my favorite challenge sites, I landed on The Friday Mashup Challenge.  This weeks challenge is to make a project with a Christmas Ornament or make a project with Sparkle...OR Mash it Up and create a Christmas Project with some Sparkle.  So, I mashed it up!  I created an ornament and added some Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz to sparkle it up a bit, which you can't really see in the picture...dang it!



These little guys are quick and easy to put together, which is a good thing, because I'm hoping to decorate my tree with them this year.  I just stamped 5 images, ran them through my Big Shot with the coordinating die, folded each one in half and glued them together.  Easy peasy!

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Very Vanilla
Ink ~ Early Espresso
Stamp Set ~ Ornament Keepsakes
Other Supplies ~ Holiday Ornaments Framelits, Linen Thread, Lace Trim, Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz

And just in case you haven't seen the great promotion for the month..check it out before it ends!

Looking forward to a fun night of ornament making tonight. 
Wishing you all a great weekend!!

Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

  1. So cute...need...those...I feel a purchase coming on! Not sure why I even try to fight it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those ornaments, they are so easy and pretty to make!

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love it!! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute little ornament! I love that you added the spritz - a wonderful way to sparkle it up :) Thank you for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love these ornaments!! Sounds awesome about making lots for decorating your tree!! I will be featuring this ornament on My Crafty Picks #82 with a link back to your blog on 10-28-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

    Have a great day!!
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tiffany! What an honor :) I will be displaying the blog badge for sure!

      Delete